Saturday 17 April 2010

Heart Bleeder #2: Curtis




Curtis Mayfield is an absolute titan of song. If we lived in more future thinking times he'd have been sainted by now. I can't think of anyone who consistantly made so many outstanding records. For the lost & swoonsome he had a bucketful, and i'm going for this one off one of his best LP's with The Impressions 'The Young Mods Forgotten Story'.

"Nothing left for me but bitterness, frustration, lost relation, for my deceiving heart...."

And the harmonies tumble down like September leaves. Lordy me, what a sad song.







'My Deceiving Heart'- The Impressions (Capitol 5610, 1966)


2 comments:

ib said...

Haven't heard this before. Song or album.

Nice.

Blank Stares and Cricketclaps said...

Oh, thats great ib, good to know these blogs are good for something.